Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Shabby Chic Tray



The papers in the Kaisercraft Cottage Rose collection are so pretty and can be used on all sorts of crafty projects. I quite often love the papers so much, that I can't bear to cut into them, or stick things on them...using this gorgeous paper on my tray was the perfect solution!




I usually use a crackle medium between my chalk paint layers, but this time decided to try something a little different.  I first painted the tray with Primitive Americana chalk paint and when it was completely dry painted over it with Promise Americana chalk paint (I was going to use my faithful white, but as I was trying something a little different...). I love these paints as no prep is necessary, they are so easy to apply, and leave a smooth brush free surface when dry.




I then used a sanding block to reveal the base coat of paint in places, I think it creates a lovely worn rustic look and shall be doing it again.  I wound some rustic twine around the handles and finished my tray by applying the beautiful paper to the base.  The tray has a glass panel so the paper will be protected.

I have to say I am quite pleased with the finished result! We are holding a workshop on the 9th July if you would like to make one yourself.

Thanks for popping by
Cate x

No comments:

Post a Comment